Barn Door Hardware Goes Beyond Country Living
More than Rustic: Barn Door Hardware
It is no wonder that tastemakers and trendsetters are using barn doors in their interior decorating. Handmade and one-of-a-kind items have been lasting trends that will be unique and enjoyable for years to come. Sliding barn doors and room dividers can be elevated from their humble and rustic origins by using the right barn door hardware to suit your interior decorating style.
Different Barn Door Hardware to Suit Your Decor
When looking at how barn doors can fit into nearly any type of décor, we couldn’t help but mention the hardware. The track and hangars, brackets, latches, hinges, handles or pulls are all chosen to reflect the look you like. Some of our choices include:
- Arts and Crafts or Mission: Oiled rubbed bronze or hammered copper compliment this look. The handles and plates are usually vertical (tall and narrow) with the William Morris-inspired trellis pattern that Frank Lloyd Wright often used.
- Shabby Chic: Rust-colored or black iron can truly highlight the unique feature that is your door. For a fun twist, try painted tracks and matching handles in a fresh, bright turquoise or bottle-glass green.
- Southwestern: To fit with this popular Arizona style, barn door hardware is usually burnished and hammered. This handmade look contributes to the warmth and authenticity of southwestern desert colors and textures.
- Modern: Cool and minimal design with brushed stainless steel or nickel finishes will offset a dark ebony stain or the roughness of reclaimed wood. This mix of textures creates a contemporary effect that holds lots of interest.
- French Country: Hardware in your French country home can look smooth and stylish or straight out of the blacksmith’s shop. It all depends on your interpretation. Barn door hardware options make it easy to reach your design ideal.
Barn doors go far beyond a rustic country look, depending on your choice of barn door hardware. Whatever your décor, Dwell Custom Cabinetry offers high quality hardware to meet your design needs.